What Can I Win?
1st Place: $4,000 in scholarships¹ & $1,000 toward public school improvements²
2nd Place: $2,000 in Scholarships¹
3rd Place: $1,000 in Scholarships¹
Category Awards: $25 Gift certificates for each qualified team member
Note: The SELF Movement reserves the right to publicize the names, stills, video, voices, or any other promotional material related to the video contest and its winners without providing notification or financial compensation.
HOW CAN MY TEAM WIN?
Create a 30-60 second safe driving video that increases awareness about the dangers of distracted or impaired driving. Examples include drinking and driving, texting and driving, paying attention to friends/music while driving, etc.
HOW ARE THE VIDEOS JUDGED?
- Videos must be submitted according the Official Rules of this video contest by 11:59 PM on March 22nd, 2015 in order to be eligible.
- Videos will be open to public voting beginning April 1st and ending April 15th.
- The top forty (40) videos from public voting are guaranteed to be nominees for one of the prize categories.
- Up to ten (10) additional videos will be selected by The SELF Movement & Duval County Public Schools as the remaining nominees.
- The ten winners will be announced at a formal event in May and an independent panel of judges will have sole discretion in awarding prizes.
HOW DOES MY TEAM SUBMIT A VIDEO?
- Registration and parental consent to enter the contest can be completed at the same time you submit your team’s video to The SELF Movement.
- As part of the registration process, you will be asked to provide a link to a video that your team uploads in advance to YouTube.com
- The full registration form, including YouTube link, must be filled out online at by 11:59 PM on March 22nd for your video to be eligible.
- Videos may also be burned to a CD or DVD and mailed to The SELF Movement at 9035 Hampton Landing Dr E, Jacksonville, FL 32256 if postmarked no later than March 20th. If you provide your video via mail, you must still print and include the registration form and any parental/guardian consent forms.
- You may submit more than one video; however, only one video per person will be eligible for a prize.
¹Scholarships will be divided by the number of qualified team members listed on the video submission. ²Restrictions apply. Read the complete official rules for details.